• This policy covers how EMS LINQ, Inc. treats personal information that we collect and receive related to your use of K12PaymentCenter. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
• This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that EMS LINQ, Inc. does not own or control or to people that EMS LINQ, Inc. does not employ or manage. In addition, certain EMS LINQ, Inc. associated companies such as Thawte, IP Commerce Inc., and ScanAlert Inc. have their own privacy statements.
Information Collection & Use
• EMS LINQ, Inc. collects personal information when you register at K12PaymentCenter. When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, school district, user type and student information. For financial services we also ask for your billing address and credit card information. Once you register at K12PaymentCenter and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
• K12PaymentCenter collects information about your transactions with us and is the sole owner of the information collected.
• Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone.
• We store information that we collect during the "New User" form, "Manage Students" form, and "Make Payment" form to create a "profile" of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information and your purchasing history to information in the profile, in order to provide tailored content of the site for you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
• We do not share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our partners or any advertisers.
• We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information.
Personally identifiable information:
• EMS LINQ, Inc. does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or companies.
• We use an outside credit card processing company, IP Commerce Inc., to verify your payment information. This company does not share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes. IP Commerce is prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
• We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our web site.
• As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, and date/time stamp.
• We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
• We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
• We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser or click the "Logout" button.
• If you reject session cookies, you may not be able to able to use our site. You must allow session cookies in order to successfully login.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
• If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct or update the information by making changes on our "Manage Profile" and "Manage Students" information page. If you wish to deactivate your account email our Customer Support at ContactUs@k12paymentcenter.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
• The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or student numbers) on our "Manage Students" and "Make Payment" forms, we encrypt that information using 128-bit encryption over secure socket layer technology (SSL).
• We follow accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
• If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us at ContactUs@k12paymentcenter.com.
• In the event EMS LINQ, Inc. goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and with prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
• EMS LINQ, Inc. may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your K12PaymentCenter account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
|EMS LINQ, Inc.|
|2528 Independence Blvd|
|Wilmington, NC 28412|